Tuesday, 29 December 2009

The Children and Grandchildren of Violet Campbell

.
Violet Millington was the daughter of Terence Millington from his second marriage to Jane Guy. There is an birth index recording for a Violet J Millington born in the final quarter of 1921. On the basis that Violet attended Pigot Street school with my uncle, Harry Robinson, there is a good chance that this record appertains to the birth of our own Violet (Harry was born in 1920). Harry remembered to me being in the same class as Violet and described her as a “pretty child”.

My aunty Kath told me that Violet married a gentleman from Belfast named Eddie Campbell and that the couple had one daughter, also named Violet. The daughter, Violet, by coincidence attended school at St Peter’s RC near Broad Street with my father Geoff. I am told that she married a gentleman named George.

I have a copy of an obituary from the Birmingham Evening Mail appertaining to the death of Violet Jane Campbell on 14th April 1984. This was the same day on which my older sister Sue got married to Barry Brinkley. Violet’s address was given as Kendrick House, Edgbaston. The obituary was placed by her daughter Violet, son-in-law George and grand-daughters Jackie and Karen. Violet was interred at Witton Cemetery.

In 2003 my father’s cousin Brian told me that Violet’s daughter was living in Quinton. Maybe a mile away from my own home. I was looking forward to sending Violet a copy of this family history document when Brian contacted me again to pass on the sad news that Violet died after a sudden Illness in July 2003.



Not quite the end of the story:


Thank you very much for reading this history record of the Millington family. I hope that you have found it as enjoyable and interesting to read as I found it to research and compile. There remains much research to be done and many stories to be written up.

I still have many pages of family anecdote in note form, particularly relating to my fathers’ family, the Millingtons of Monument Road and their life in Ladywood throughout the early and mid-1900s. I hope to either update this record at some point in the future, or possibly to write a more ‘narrative’ account of the lives of my father’s generation in a separate document. Having just made contact recently with my dad’s cousins, the children of George and Alice Millington, I believe there may also be scope for new information to be added from their side of the family. I have also yet to make contact with descendants from other branches of the Millington family.
.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete