Sunday, 27 December 2009

Joan's Journey - My mother's memoirs

.
Introduction


Let me explain that had it not been for the encouragement of my husband Geoff, I might not have committed these few lines to paper. In recent times I have learned to use the word processor, which has helped a great deal and is much easier to use than my old typewriter.

We all start out on a journey and along the way our lives are touched and influenced by so many people. Each one of us has his or her own tale to tell, a very important tale to us as individuals; we all have our hopes, dreams, and aspirations.

As the years pass these happenings and experiences fade into our memory and are eventually lost forever. The events may be simple things, only to be recalled years later, with a smile or a tear, by those most dear to us. I have written these few jottings, in the hope the journey I have made, may be of interest to my own family, their children, and anyone who has the patience to read these few simple notes.

I have taken nearly two years to recall the events of the past 70 years of my life. To the best of my memory, I have tried very hard to remember exact dates, times and places.

I would wish to dedicate these writings to my ever-patient husband Geoff, who has spent many hours type reading, and for making lots of helpful suggestions. I would also like to thank our son Peter for the many hours spent editing the text and selecting all the art work and family photographs, which have added pleasure to my recollection of times gone by.

Joan Millington

(nee. Lawlor)


23rd February 2009
.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete