Tuesday, 29 December 2009

John Millington

.
John Millington (1909—1968) was the fourth child of Terence and Phoebe Millington. A rare photo of John (also remembered as Uncle Jack) at work in the foundry.



.
About John (Jack) Millington


My dad’s older sister Kathleen recalled her father’s younger brother John with great fondness as Uncle Jack. She once told me:

“Poor Jack was pushed from pillar to post. He had a very sad life and he ended up living with an Irish family. He fell deeply in love with their daughter Theresa but she did not return his love”.

“Jack died of cancer at a young age through working in the foundries, the same as dad”.

There is one additional piece of interesting evidence in regard to Jack. My aunts believe he may have fathered a child, perhaps by Theresa, I do not know. Was suggested that the baby may have been brought up partly by his sister Emily and her husband Johnny Stokes. I have no further information about this child or what became of them.

John Henry Millington died on 28th June 1968 at Dudley Road Hospital, Winson Green. He was 59 years old, a brass caster and his address was given as 1 back of 158 Tennant Street. John Henry died of (1) broncho pneumonia and (2) carcinoma of the rectum. His death was registered by his sister in law A.I.Millington of 59 Brent Road, Birmingham 30. This was his brother George’s wife Alice.

.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete