Thursday, 7 January 2010

The Millington Family of Shropshire and Birmingham

.
My grandfather William Joseph Millington, photographed in front of a floral display in Birmingham city centre celebrating England’s 1966 World Cup win. William was a great soccer fan and life-long supporter of Aston Villa. The photo was taken by my dad Geoff.



Dedications


This Family History document is dedicated to the memory of all those who have gone before us and those we have known and loved dearly within our family.

My special personal dedication is to my grand parents, William and Florence Millington who were such unique, warm and generous people. I wish I could have known you in your younger days.

Also to Aunty Kath who was my inspiration.

Thanks


Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this Family History document especially my mom and dad, Geoff and Joan Millington for anecdote, photos and documents. My dad’s late brother Bill and sisters Kath and Nance for more family stories, photos, etc. Also thanks to my dad’s cousins; Brian, Terence, Dorothy and Pat for photos, phone calls and emails. Thanks also to my brother Denis for useful website links, to Paul Millington in Cambridge for a wealth of links to old records and to David Gallop, a Royal Navy expert on the Isle of Wight for information.

The author sitting on granddad Mill’s knee sometime in the mid-sixties in our garden at 107 Station Road, Harborne. Baby sister Kate is on Florence’s lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment