Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Descendants of Edward Flanagan


A probate record for Edward Joseph Flanagan, a timber merchant of Moate, dated 4th January 1919. Administrator of his will was Patrick Flanagan.
Image from family archive of Stephen Harte
 
In October 2014 I received an email from Stephen Harte who is descended from Edward Flanagan, who was the brother of Patrick and Lawrence Flanagan.

Stephen wrote:

"Lawrence Flanagan was my grandmother’s uncle. She was Colette Tuohy (nee. Kennedy). Her mother was Mary Elizabeth Kennedy (nee Flanagan), the daughter of Edward Joseph Flanagan (Patricks Brother).

I met Fr. Flanagan one Christmas in my grandmother’s house in Inchicore I think it was around 1963, I would have been about seven years old. He was a very tall white haired man—you couldn’t but remember him once you met him.

I have tried to find Edward Flanagan (who was married to Annie Cody) in the 1901 and 1911 census but there don’t seem to be any records available. I know Edward Flanagan died on the 4th of January 1919, so he has to be on record somewhere. His children were Mary Elizabeth (my great grand mother), Patrick, Michael, Nellie (who married a man named Keane), Annie and Bertha (who married a Patrick Brown and moved to Alberta, Canada where she had a son Bernard who became a Carmelite brother in Los Angeles). "
 

No comments:

Post a Comment